What's New in Engine 3.3.4
by The SteelSeries Engine Team
We recently released Engine 3.3.4, with new features and new devices. Let’s look at what 3.3.4 includes.
New Devices Supported by SteelSeries Engine 3
SteelSeries is happy to announce that the Apex M800 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard is now supported by SteelSeries Engine 3.
The Apex M800 marks the debut of our new QS1 mechanical switch. With a smooth linear action and 25% faster actuation than the traditional mechanical switch, the QS1 is built for pure speed. The Apex M800 also features a dual processor design, with a 32-bit Cortex ARM processor dedicated to features such as processing illumination, and storing illumination patterns and button mappings onboard.*
*advanced macro playback and cooldown timers require SteelSeries Engine 3 to be running
- Fully customizable individual RGB Illumination featuring the
- ColorShift (both stationary and in Wave Modes)
- Cooldown Timers
- Reactive Lighting
Glock Fade Colorshift
Setting the origin of a wave mode colorshift.
- A list of templates featuring layouts for gaming genres such as FPS, MMO, and Moba as well as interesting lighting effects.
- Active and Idle modes (with customizable timer for idle mode) for illumination effects
- All keys are fully bindable to the following actions:
- Keyboard, Mouse, and Media Keys
- Advanced Macros
- Launch Applications
- Launch Configurations (for the M800 and other SteelSeries devices)
- Advanced Playback Options - when binding macros, keyboard, mouse
or media to keys on your SteelSeries mice and keyboards you can
now choose from the following options:
- Play Once
- Play the action n times
- Repeat the action continuously while key is pressed
- Trigger actions on either key up or key down
- Toggle Hold
- Toggle Auto-Repeat
- Re-enabling ColorShift after being disabled will remember what pattern you had previously chosen.
- Fixed an issue where disconnecting all your devices at the same could cause an SSE3 crash.
- On OS X, binding certain keys to Cmd will now correctly only output Cmd.
- Fixed a problem where modifier keys could be held down if the macro event limit was reached.